How are you this beautiful day? I hope well.
Oh my gosh.... guess what! Spring is really here. Shorts & T-Shirt weather has arrived! Woo hoo!
I thought I'd share a few photos from this past weekend..... looks pretty peaceful, doesn't it? Trust me, this was only a small part of the weekend... there was plenty of crazy mixed in.
Anyhow, I took some time this weekend to just BE .... and wow.... I'm so excited.... The class I've been dreaming up became really clear.
It's different than my other courses.... It's exciting and scary all at the same time.
…..a class that let's me share my art (completely)…..from conception to the finished piece...with all the details in between.... a class that allows me to connect with the students in a virtual meeting space....a feed the creative soul kind of class.
This class is called Start to Finish.
from Conception (about the idea/inspiration for the shoot)... to my creative thought process... to shoot setup and composition... to all the camera setting details... to culling the shoot (why i pick the photos I pick)... and finally a complete step by step edit inside Lightroom (shared from a no-rules, non-scripted, inside my head point of view.)
Can you tell I'm bursting.....??
About Start to Finish...
First, the pace will be a little slower… more detailed… a marathon, not a sprint…..
The content will be spread out over 8 weeks.
Start to Finish lessons will post twice a week, every other week….over the course of 8 weeks, leaving a lighter;not empty ..... week in between.
The editing will take place in Lightroom.
There will be to 2 Start to Finish Lessons Every Other week. I'm talking TOTAL start to finish.....
Each lesson will include a FULL breakdown of the concept, shoot details, composition and editing pro-cess. Lessons will be posted in a private classroom on Tuesday and Friday every other week.
The in between week will include a thorough Lightroom develop module lesson..... a real roll up your sleeve breakdown. I will also critique 2 student photos via screencast each week. (no submissions=no critique)
These in between weeks will allow time to work through the material, soak up the inspiration and take the content presented for a little ride with your own ideas.
- Share my thought process, concept/inspiration for the image/shoot in written or podcast format.
- Show several wide angle photos and/or video of the space…drops, props, linens, reflectors used....all the details.
- Show how I set up the shoot… direction of light, camera settings, time of day etc.
- I will open the shoot in Lightroom…giving you a chance to see them all; the good, the bad, the so so's….. all of them. :)
- I will talk through the culling process. I will choose a few favs and explain my choices.
- I will walk you through a complete edit of one of the shoot photos in Lightroom, sharing lots of detailed information.....tips and tricks etc.
- Bonus: if I decide to go into Photoshop with the image to add text or texture I will include that info in a separate video for Photoshop users.
- The in between week will include an opportunity to submit your photos for critique. Note: When I say critique (which reminds me way too much of the word critic) trust I will be kind and gentle….. I'm all about encouragement. But I will share my honest thoughts.
- I will set up a virtual meeting space.... (through adobe connect) allowing you to chat with me and your fellow classmates, ask questions etc…in a chat format. This will be offered a few times throughout the course. You can also send in questions and I will answer as many as possible during the meeting time.
- Summer is busy and beautiful…. we must enjoy the sunshine and warm air. However, I find summer to be a highly energized and creative season... which is why I think it's the perfect time for this class. I decided to spread the content out over 8 weeks. The material will be accessible for an additional 4 months after the 8 weeks is over. Yep, that's 6 months access.
I think that's covers most of it. Registration will open on Monday (unless otherwise posted)... if anything changes I will let you know.
Class will begin mid-June..... I will have a registration cap on this class....I want to really connect with the students.
Okay, that's a lot......I'm so excited....
Oh I am going to be in touch with some of the lovely readers that expressed interest in connecting.... :) Watch your email for more soon.....
Before I sign off.....a little inspiration....