mouse over to see the before
We're back with another Texture Tuesday!
This week... we're talking 'free & easy'! Anything goes....
This week's TT challenge is as follows:
- As always, your image must contain one layer of any of my textures. That's it!
Allow me to introduce to you, my sweet and completely precious teapot...
Isnt's she dreamy? She came with 2 sweet little matching mugs.... I adore the dimples.... and the wire handle....truly.. just dreamy.
I have the photoshop recipe to share.
- Layer 1 - Background Image
- Layer 2 - I converted the image to black and white, using RadLab..... (gotta love the radLab)
- Layer 3 - I added one layer of this week's 'UggLove' at soft light 28% opacity. Added a layer mask and removed the texture from the teapot.
- Layer 4 - Photo filter adjustment layer (sepia) at 100% opacity.
- Layer 5 - Duplicate of Layer 4
- Layer 6 - Added the text 'tea is a cup of life' in black multiply 100%.
- Layer 7 - Added a layer of last week's bonus, 'Thursday'...Oh my gosh I love it! At soft light 100% opacity. Added a layer mask and removed the texture from the teapot.
If you read my Sunday post I mentioned a little tutorial. I'm afraid I ran out of time today/tonight... I had to take Brett to the Walk-In. He cut his hand at work.... anyhow, 4 stitches later...all is well... But it threw Mama's schedule for a loop! Ummm, when do they become independent? Or is that a myth?
I will post a tutorial later this week!! I promise! Stay Tune....
Okie doke, before we get to linking up.... let's talk next week's TT theme.
Tuesday, September 27th TT Challenge Details:
Let's go with a theme! Hmmm, spin, spin... let me think....
How about LOVE! Just let your imagination go ....
There's just so much to love about LOVE!
So to clarify.... your image must contain one layer of any of my textures...and in some way be about LOVE.
New to Texture Tuesdays? Here's the short and sweet TT rules.
- please link directly to your post, not just to your blog or flickr stream.
- please link back to the Café. You can grab the TT button HERE, if you wish.
- please visit the other TT participants and leave them some comment love. Remember it's a party.... and what's a linky party without lots of comment love? Right!
Want more details? Click HERE for the full scoop!
Let's get this party started!!
We're sharing our inspiring 'corners' at the i-Studio... come on over and say hi.... We'd love to see you!
Registration for the Art of Texture - Secrets Revealed class is open. Click HERE to get the details.
The story behind the Ugg Love texture name .... is.... pretty simple actually.
Nope I didn't use the soles to make the texture.
But I did buy a new pair of Uggs yesterday....and while I was making the UggLove texture, Bryce's girlfriend and I talked for at least 20 minutes about our love of Uggs. Bryce could not believe we could talk that long about a pair of 'Ugg' ly boots.